Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pride and Popularity: A Review

Goodreads (description):

***AUTHOR'S DISCLAIMER***
If you are hoping to find a YA book full of paranormal beasts, sex, or teens who act much more like under-aged adults, I suggest you save your money and do not buy this book. In fact don't buy any of The Jane Austen Diaries. However, if you are looking for a clean, lighthearted, sweet romance, where teens are good and happy and normal--like all of the teens I know (including my own!) then read on. You've come to the right place. :) --Jenni

Chloe Elizabeth Hart despises the conceited antics of the popular crowd, or more importantly, one very annoying self-possessed guy, Taylor Anderson, who seems determined to make her the president of his fan club! As if! Every girl in the whole city of Farmington, New Mexico, is in love with him, but he seems to be only interested in Chloe.

This modern high school adaptation of “Pride and Prejudice” is a battle of wits as Chloe desperately tries to remain the only girl who can avoid the inevitable—falling for Taylor.

My Review:


Oh my gosh this book was so freaking cute I can't even get over it.

I have read the original Pride and Prejudice and also I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and then finally I read this one, Pride and Popularity.

My cousins were all reading this book and wouldn't stop saying how amazing it is, so of course, I had to add to my love of Pride and Prejudice. I was completely satisfied.

Jenni James is a fantastic author. I had the chance of meeting her at the American Night Writers Association Conference earlier this year in February, and she is honestly one of the neatest people I have ever met. Not only is she kind, but she is inspirational and has a great sense of humor. I was sad when her class was over.

Now to her book.

Pride and Popularity is exactly what you think it will be. It's a high school version of Pride and Prejudice, so you know everything that is going to happen.

And yet, every time I still get mad at "Darcy" for being the jerk he is, and then I fall right back in love with him because he is actually one of the nicest guys on the planet.

Chloe is pretty great too. I have always liked "Elizabeth" from Pride and Prejudice because she never lets anyone put her down or make a fool out of her. She is a strong female lead and in no way whiny. She is positive and always tries to find the best way to fix a situation. Of course, she obviously makes her mistakes, but in the end she fixes them. She takes responsibility and is in all plainness, a genuine good person. Jenni did awesome by creating a character that fits Lizzy perfectly!!

Jenni has a wonderful way with words (and may I say that I love her disclaimer. Clean books are my favorite books). This was a fast, funny, and AMAZING read. I was able to read through it quickly, but I fell in love
with the characters and was rooting for them all along. She did a wonderful job of melding our classic story to today's world. I LOVED it!

Be sure to check it out! I give this a 5 out of 5!!

4 comments:

  1. The cover is pretty cute. Glad to hear you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in my TBR pile and I am so excited you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVED it! I'm sure you will enjoy it too!

      Delete