Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Fallen: A Review

Goodreads (Description)

First the sickness rotted the adults' minds. Then their bodies. Now they stalk the streets, hunting human flesh.

The Holloway crew are survivors. They've fought their way across London and made it to the Natural History Museum alive - just. But the fight will never end while the Enemy lives, unless there's another way. . .

The kids at the museum are looking for a cure. All they need are medical supplies. To get them means a journey down unknown roads. Roads where not only crazed, hungry sickos hide in the shadows.

SUDDENLY IT'S NOT SO CLEAR WHO - OR WHAT - THEY'RE FIGHTING.


My Review:

The fifth book in the enemy saga definitely threw a curve ball at me.

I mean, obviously there's a lot we don't know about the disease, but what I expected wasn't this.

In this book, the Holloway kids discover the Twisted kids. Blue befriends them and brings some back to the Natural History museum where the nerd, Justin, and his crew reside.

From the Twisted Kids, we discover that the disease came from humans themselves. I won't give away more than that--just that it wasn't what I was expecting.

This book scared me even more than the last. It was also far more intense. More battles against the adults and more ambushes. The adults are getting smarter and more organized than ever, and all the kids can see it now.

Not only that, but there is intrigue among the kids too. His name is Paul. And he scared me more than the sick adults have from the beginning. Why? Because he is clever and sick. So even though we've seen talking adults, Paul is a sick kid and able to function better. *Shiver* I can't even explain how scary he is.

The books are getting more gruesome too. The descriptions of the adults are more vivid. Gag. This is not a series for the lighthearted. It is gory and creepy. And yet, I have been looking for books to scare me--this one definitely fit the bill.

I'm anxious to see what more we will learn about the disease.

I give this a 4.5 out of 5!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are loving this series so much Natalie. How have I not heard of it before now? I feel like I'm missing something. I'm off to look up the first book now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard much about this one but great to hear that you enjoyed this installment

    ReplyDelete