Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy Book 1): A Review

Goodreads (description):

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.



My Review:

This series has been sitting on my shelf for over a year now. A few of my cousins read it the minute they discovered this series and talked nonstop about it for a long time. Of course when I was around I forbade them from saying a word :)

And now I'm really sad I have waited this long to read the series. This first book was fabulous!

Emma is a pasty white, violet eyed girl whose life gets overturned when Galen the merman (make sure you call him Syrena though, or he'll get offended, hehe). Emma starts out as a sweet girl, but when Galen showing her what she is, she has a major freak out. Not like, screaming and yelling, but beneath it all, she's brewing up a storm. It doesn't help that Galen's sister Rayna is a psycho crazy chick sometimes and pushes all of Emma's buttons.

Overall, Emma is a good girl though. She fights for what's right and doesn't let anyone mess with her. She seeks for the truth even when it will hurt. I love that about her. She never gives up.

Galen is quite swoon worthy and adorable. Trying to see him adjust to the human world is humorous at times. Still, I love how he is devoted to his people and the law, while not being a blind follower. He knows when some things just need to be fought for, and he does.

Toraf, Galen and Rayna's mate, is my favorite character though. He is a great comic relief as well as spunky and just plain funny. The book would not be as fun without him.

Learning about the Syrena was fun too. There was never too much description. It always felt perfect and incorporated well into the story. Something of which I admire.

If you want a good book about mermaids and mermen, I highly recommend this one. It's good, clean, and funny.

I give this a 4.5 out of 5!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this a well, I'm not sure why I never finished the series, I really should! I hope you enjoy all the other books as well and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete