Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: A Review (Harry Potter #4)

Goodreads (Description):

The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and there are spells to be learnt and (unluckily) Potions and Divination lessons to be attended. But Harry can't know that the atmosphere is darkening around him, and his worst enemy is preparing a fate that it seems will be inescapable ...With characteristic wit, fast-paced humour and marvellous emotional depth, J.K. Rowling has proved herself yet again to be a master story-teller

My Review:

As always, Harry Potter was a fantastic story to revisit. Jim Dale is one of the best narrators I have ever listened to, which is another reason why I love listening to Harry Potter.

In this book, it was interesting to remember the intricacies of the Triwizard Tournament that we don't get to see in the movie. Bagman was completely left out, and the whole blackmailing the Weasly twins did to him. We also didn't see Barty Croutch as much in the book as we do in the movie. Still, I love to see what I have forgotten from the book.

We also got to see a bit more of Cedric Diggory in the book. I believe they portrayed him well in the movies, but he really was on Harry's side the whole time! Even in the third book when he beat Harry in the Quidditch match, he admitted that it was only by fault because Harry had fainted; and then in this book, he never ever got angry at Harry for being apart of the Tournament. Which, I thought was incredible, ESPECIALLY because nearly everyone else did. Cedric had the right to be angry and instead he remained Harry's friend. Cedric really was a great character. If he had lived, I’m quite sure that he would have joined Dumbledore's Army and Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their quest to defeat Volemort.

Another thing I loved about this book was how Hermione worked to get Rita Skeeter to stop writing such horrible things about everyone. Hermione really is clever and knows how to keep Harry and Ron in line.
Speaking of Harry and Ron. I never liked the fight they went through in this book, but I do believe it was a defining moment in their friendship when they finally made up. They both realized they had different roles to play and that didn't make one better or worse than the other. I love how Ron finally came to see that he wasn't really living in Harry's shadow, but rather being a part of something greater than both he and Harry.

I love this series. Honestly, nothing will ever make me change my mind. Growing up with this series has been wonderful.

I give this a 5 out of 5!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I adore this series so it is so much fun to see someone else loving it so much too Natalie. :D

    ReplyDelete