Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Feed: A Review (Newsflesh #1)

Goodreads:

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop.

The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives—the dark conspiracy behind the infected.

The truth will get out, even if it kills them.

My Review:

I am a lover of anything zombie. I don't know why, because when it comes to scary, other than realistic situations, these are the only things that scare me.

However, what I truly loved about this book, was even though zombies ran rampant, it wasn't an apocalyptic book. Georgia and Shaun Mason live in a world very similar to ours, just filled with zombies and blood tests. In fact, these young adults are bloggers who start following the upcoming election.

Ya, a zombie book about the next presidential election.

It was fascinating. I got to see this new world vastly different beyond our own. I saw how the parents long for the days before the zombies came, and how society leans more on technology more than ever--because they are literally afraid of the outdoors.

The intrigue and betrayals and adventure in this book are endless. I was kept guessing and genuinely horrified when not only zombies attacked, but certain people too.

And I also loved the references to our day, how they joked about a lot of what we do. Georgia and Shaun's news team accounted for loads of hilarity.

Granted, this story did have some language, but otherwise, it was really well written.

4 out of 5!


No comments:

Post a Comment