Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Call (The Call #1): A Review

Goodreads:

Imagine a world where you might disappear any minute, only to find yourself alone in a grey sickly land, with more horrors in it than you would ever wish to know about. And then you hear a horn and you know that whoever lives in this hell has got your scent and the hunt has already begun.

Could you survive the Call?

My Review:

I will have to say this book was one of the creepiest I have read in ages. Which made me super excited. It's hard to find a good creep-tastic book.

In this world, fairies are to be feared. To hear their death horn blow means you will most likely end up dead or mutilated or both. *Shiver* I can't give this book justice with my own words, but if you like creepy then this is a book for you.

The fairies are angry the humans have taken over their world and now are taking revenge on their children. Creating Changelings wasn't enough anymore, it wasn't making enough difference. So the Call became something to be feared of. Hardly any kid makes it to adulthood anymore. Kids are put into their schools and still taught life skills, but most end up dead before they can graduate. If you survive the Call, you're changed forever and not necessarily for the good.

We get glimpses into the fairy world and just how these mutilations come about and I have to say there were times I had to stop reading and steel myself for what was to come. It's all gruesome, yet fascinating. It's a trainwreck that I can't run away from. I'm excited to read the next book to see just how the humans are going to hold onto the world they call home.

I give this a 3.5 out of 5!



Content Warning: foul language, gory scenes, sexual innuendo

No comments:

Post a Comment