Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: A Review (Harry Potter #3)

Goodreads (Description):

Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously?

My Review:

The first time I read this book as a kid, I thought this was incredibly boring. As an adult now, re-listening, I don't agree with my younger self. Yes, this book is a bit slower than the other novels, but this is the book where Harry discovers his parents friends and the fact that he has a godfather.

It's quite tender.

I also realized how Dumbledore really isn't physically there all the time, but he is always behind the scenes. I love how involved he is even if he and Harry aren't that close yet. He's pretty dang awesome.

Also, I loved re-meeting Lupin. He's one of my favorites and always has been. Literally the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher ever. I love his story and his devotion to his friend's son.

As always it was great to follow Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their many adventures at Hogwarts. It was fun to see Hogsmeed again and Marauder's Map (and may I say the Weasly Twins are also one of my top favorite trouble makers ever!).

Sirus is a very interesting character too. Hearing the story at how he escaped and the way he was watching after Harry even when Harry thought he was the bad guy made me look at him in a new light. There's an explanation Sirus gives when the two finally meet, which didn't make it into the movies. I wished it had been. It just shows how incredible of a character Sirus is.

I love these books and it's been fun to live inside the Wizarding World once again.

I give this a 4.5 out of 5!

1 comment:

  1. I adore this whole series and am so glad you are loving them as well!

    ReplyDelete