Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Enchantress: A Review

Description (Goodreads):


The two that are one must become the one that is all. One to save the world, one to destroy it.

San Francisco:

Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel have one day left to live, and one job left to do. They must defend San Francisco. The monsters gathered on Alcatraz Island have been released and are heading toward the city. If they are not stopped, they will destroy everyone and everything in their path.

But even with the help of two of the greatest warriors from history and myth, will the Sorceress and the legendary Alchemyst be able to defend the city? Or is it the beginning of the end of the human race?

Danu Talis:
Sophie and Josh Newman traveled ten thousand years into the past to Danu Talis when they followed Dr. John Dee and Virginia Dare. And it’s on this legendary island that the battle for the world begins and ends.

Scathach, Prometheus, Palamedes, Shakespeare, Saint-Germain, and Joan of Arc are also on the island. And no one is sure what—or who—the twins will be fighting for.

Today the battle for Danu Talis will be won or lost.

But will the twins of legend stand together?

Or will they stand apart—one to save the world and one to destroy it?


My Review:


I can honestly say that this conclusion was wonderful. I won't give anything away, but it was beautiful. It took me a while to get through this one due to college demands, but I enjoyed it the whole time and wished I could be reading it more often.

And finally, I finished.

And it was fantastic.

This novel brings everything together. It brings in the loose ends and fulfills our questions. That's not to say we are not left to wonder about our characters, we are, but the big major bothering questions are answered.

As you have seen from my reviews on previous book, Josh has not been my favorite. Well, things changed. Josh grew up a lot in this book. He finally realized what he was doing before was wrong and stood up for his sister and his friends. He honestly became one of my favorites, one thing I did not expect to happen at all.

Sophie grew up a bit too. I have always liked her, but like Josh, I came to like her even more. She became so much stronger. She did better at standing up for herself and doing what's right.

The Flamels, Scathach, Prometheus, Palamedes, Shakespeare, Saint-Germain, and Joan were all fantastic. I came to love their courage and sacrifices. Although they came from all different times and all different places, they recognized what they needed to fight for. They came to do incredible things with the twins.

I cannot say much without giving anything away, but I will say this. The adventure and intricacy of the characters was simply amazing. This series was wonderful. I loved every minute of it, and it is certainly one I will revisit in the future. 

I give this a 5 out of 5!



1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo for another fabulous read to this series! I really do need to make time for it, you have me compeltely convinced I will love it. :D

    ReplyDelete