Wednesday, December 14, 2016

End of Days: A Review (Penryn and the End of Days #3)

Description (Goodreads):

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?






My Review:


*There are spoilers here if you haven't read the previous books*

Oh my.

This was perhaps the best ending to a trilogy I have read in a VERY long time.

Plus, we get to see more of Raffe's past and it just made my heart hurt. Yet, it was also so happy and good. Man. Ee knows how to pull your heart strings.

We also have to ache as we see Penryn's little sister, Paige, go through all the horrible surgeries and deformities the angel's did to her. That poor little girl had to survive more than anyone else. She is by far the bravest, especially as she leads those nasty monster angel-scopions.

Overall, the angels are getting ready to start Armageddon. Things are on fire and people are wondering if they are going to live another day. The intensity of the situation kept me flipping pages like I was in the angel Apocalypse and finishing this book would save my life.

Penryn has rounded all the humans (the twins are my favorite, despite how crude they can be), and Raffe is still her angel confidant. And well, they finally have become a little more than just friends. Finally, Raffe realizes how in love with Penryn he is. Which was about freaking time.

In this last book Penryn and Raffe have proved themselves to be top favorite protagonists of mine.

Needless to say, I couldn't put this series down. I owned the first two books and didn't have the this book. So, of course, I immediately bought it. I needed it. And I am so happy I read this series. This is one that will stick with me forever.

5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment