Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Last Star: A Review (The 5th Wave #3)

Description (Goodreads):

The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.

They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.

But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.

In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.





My Review:


I um... haven't been very impressed with this series. However, I saw the movie and it was SO good (I've already read the first two books by the time I saw the movie), so watching the movie actually made me want to finish this series.

But...once again... I enjoyed the story, just not the way it was written. A) there was a ridiculous amount of language, and B) like before, it's written in a way where you are confused if certain things happened or not. Important things, so your left really confused and not in a good way.

However, I will say it was a good book.

I just didn't care what really happened to the majority of the characters. Cassie is still an idiot. Evan is still awesome and the only one who is doing the right thing. Ben is still pretty good. Ringer is just "woe is me and all my hidden pain." Granted, she's been through a lot, but...I don't like her obviously.

You definitely have to really be into this series. I honestly think the first movie was better than the first book and if the producers keep it up, so will the second and third movies.

The ending wasn't even that satisfying. Or the way they got to that point. Just...meh.

3 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment