Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Stalking Jack the Ripper: A Review (Book #1)

Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

My Review:

I don't know why, but Jack the Ripper has always been an interesting....person to me. Now, I don't go around studying serial killers, but seeing that there was a historical mystery about him definitely peaked my interest.
And I have to say, my interest was well founded.

Audrey Rose Wadsworth is a woman beyond her time. She is studying the "forbidden" arts of autopsies and the human anatomy--medicine. Despite her being a woman in the late 19th century, she rose above the stereotypes and convinced her father to let her study medicine. As Audrey works with her uncle, they both discover there's a connection between all these dead women.

This book is filled with twists and surprises. It was so much fun to travel with Audrey and her friends to discover who Jack the Ripper was.

Kerri Maniscalco did a beautiful job at writing this story. I'm excited for the next murder mystery Audrey is going to help solve. (And can I just say, what a beautiful and intriguing cover).

4.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment