Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin: A Review (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)

Goodreads:

A nightmare, I’d told Tamlin. I was the nightmare.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit—and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well. As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords—and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

  My Review:

Sarah J. Maas is such a talented author. Despite how dark things were getting, Maas kept us reading and hoping for the best.

Feyra and Rhys are faced with the hardest battle they will ever face. And that's saying something about a fey who's lived millennia and seen countless wars.

I love how the relationship between Feyra and her friends grow. How despite all the hard choices they have to make, they remain together and fight. They protect each other, always. How I would love to be a part of a group like them.

The ending was beautiful. It wasn't tied up in bows, but it was perfect for the situation.

Again, I love Maas writing. I just wish she would stop being so descriptive in the sex scenes. It's completely unnecessary and just, gag. Ya, we know Feyra and Rhys love each other, and yes, your writing skills are freaking amazing, but I promise your story will remain just as powerful without those nasty scenes. And the foul language, doesn't really fit the culture of the fey.

In Maas first books, she was more reserved, and I admired her fully for the ability to write amazing stories that were clean. Now, she still writes amazing stories, but I'm disappointed that she's resulted to so many sex scenes. Yeah, sex sells, but she has enough skills to not include those scenes.

I have to decrease my rating because of how many she's included along with the increased foul language.

3.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment